January 18, 2012

To vintage...or not to vintage...

When organising a wedding, one can get pretty overwhelmed with the various options out there. Even when you have a good idea/clear vision of what you want your day to look like. I seem to be stuck on crockery at the moment. I have trawled through so many blogs, and the weddings that really stand out to me are the ones with lovely vintage pieces, be it little jam jars with drinks in them, or vintage plates.


Oh...vintage plates. How I love thee and want thee at my wedding. But at almost 3 times the price to hire vintage crockery as opposed to plain white crockery, I am not sure I'll be able to stretch our budget to get there. There is always spending the next 10 months trawling op shops and antique stores and collecting a pile of plates, cups and saucers... to be honest, I will probably end up doing that. It may be the only retail therapy I am allowed to have for sometime. If you know of any one getting rid of some vintage plates or cups or cutlery or such...please let me know!

x

3 comments:

  1. I know of a few shops (in lower South Island of New Zealand) that have mass amounts of vintage crockery. Is this geographically useful to you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...unfortunately not :( I live in Melbourne! Boo! Thanks for the thought though. x

    ReplyDelete